Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Record Breaking Year? '寄'得比我多?

Here is a positive sad thing I would like to share:-
In year 2008, May, when my serving company folded up, I started a job surfing. This surfing event lasted about half year and closed file until I get recruited. Please note this surfing started right after sub-prime event, but well before financial tsunami:

Total no. of letters written :233
No. of jobs go interview : 13 (5.6%)
No. of letter which receive no response : 173 (74.2%)
No. of letters not sent, though they are written : 44 (18.9%)
No. of job gotten : 1 (0.4%)

The above doesn't count the government posts applied. If you can break my record, let me know!! so we can cheer – through the air!

Now 2009 I need to start another surfing again as bad luck swirling around me. I quit my job this time because – I will be forced to quit some day. Big question mark to myself – I haven’t done anything wrong, totally dedicate to work, punctual, always put company’s interest in the best interest to be safeguard, so one word – acted professionally but still not pleased the boss – am I too professional to scare him off and need to kill me??

1 comment:

  1. Hi wiser,

    you should know life is no plain sailing. there is always ups and downs. you have to learn to overcome it. as this is the fiancial tsunami, don't feel bad, don't look backward, but be brave, and look forward.

    Boost!
    passerby

    ReplyDelete